Tuesday, June 17, 2014

To My Teachers


No one ever thanks the teachers

Sure, they get "thank you" sometimes
Maybe once or twice a year
People give them lovely gifts
To express their gratitude

Some teachers did more harm than good
Others simply did their job
These had very little impact
They are shown appropriate gratitude

There are some teachers
Who understand
Who challenge students
Who help them grow

There are some teachers
Who support dreams
Who are parents
Who teach more than the class

They understand bad days
They appreciate laughter
They value hard work
They see what no one else can

Here's to my teachers
Who after thirteen years
Have shaped my life
In indescribable ways

I owe so much to these
And there really aren't words
To show how much I love them
All I can say is

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate any feedback or constructive criticism you may have. Thanks!