Sunday, November 25, 2012

Dolphin Smiles

They don’t mean to hurt me
But it throbs all the same
I feel rejected and ignored
Held captive by sworn secrets
And bound by empathy
Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad
If I learned to not take everything
To heart, but I do and so I hurt.

Nothing stings quite like being used
Or finally telling someone your story
And being abandoned after
They think you’re fine now
You smile and so you must be happy
The bottlenose dolphin gets similar treatment
He smiles at you while begging for his freedom
Am I any different?

Why do you suffer? It’s needless, they say
Just let it all go and it won’t hurt
Why would I want to? I like feeling
There are good feelings in life
Love, Joy, Bliss, Compassion
It’s not the fault of the good that bad come
Why take them both? No.
I live on. I may hurt but I am stronger in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate any feedback or constructive criticism you may have. Thanks!