Sunday, November 25, 2012

Once in a While

I know we had something
That time feels years ago
And now we're so distant
It's all changed so much

We don't always see eye to eye
And you didn't understand
Why we couldn't be together
But I had to do it anyway

And now you're moving on
I know you've found someone else
She's better for you for sure
Maybe she won't make my mistake

But I just have one question
Why did things have to change?

We were friends before
And maybe we are still
But you simply cannot deny
That things are different

I know you care for her
And I don't ask that you not
By all means, love her
Even more than you could ever love me

But what about me?
I'm not asking for a lot
I only want to be cared for
To be asked how I'm doing

Every once in a while

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate any feedback or constructive criticism you may have. Thanks!